(Cut to the chase? The usual Mercury Retrograde Cautions)
Just what is “Mercury Retrograde” (or Rx), anyway?
Have you ever sat on a still train when the train beside you started to move and it felt like it was your train that was moving when yours was actually still? That’s kinda what it looks like Mercury is doing from our perspective here on Earth… not to mention what it feels like.
Mercury is the planet of communication… ALL communication. From verbal communications, to the neural connections in your brain, from the lateness of your train, to the jamming of your printer, from the misquote of the sales person, to the un-recorded entry into your bank account: anything that attempts to communicate with something else is under Mercury’s domain.
So… when Mercury Rx occurs, there are those who start thinking that all kinds of “bad things” are about to happen.
That depends heavily on your perspective.
Yes, Mercury Rx brings up some, um, “interesting” obstacles to overcome, so it’s important to understand what it’s “on” about.
Mercury Rx asks us to reconsider and reexamine the past decisions and actions from three months prior to the retrograde period.
For November 5-25, 2012…
Specifically, in this case, Mercury wants us to look at what happened on or around August 7, 2012. But that’s not all… This Mercury Rx spans two signs this time around: it starts in Sagittarius and (going backwards) it ends in Scorpio. Two rather different energies.
Mercury in Fire looks at our intuition, and in Sagittarius, our philosophy and our spiritual beliefs (amongst many other things). Combine that with an Rx and what’s the prescription? It’s time to reflect upon our philosophies, our intuition and our spiritual beliefs.
- How are we living our philosophies?
- How are we walking our walk?
- Living our beliefs?
Interesting how the Republican platform this election was so heavily weighted towards “religious” concerns and the day Mercury went retro in fire, as a Country, we voted to maintain our own religious perspectives without the help of government, thank-you-very-much. Hmmm…? 😉
On November 15th Mercury leaves Sagittarius and moves into Scorpio. Entirely different waters, but still demanding reflection. In water & Scorpio, Mercury Rx revisits your inner feelings & truths…
- Where in your life have you been skating along, afraid to explore what lays beneath the surface?
- Where have you been dishonest with, or betrayed, yourself?
- Where is it time to speak your truth, if only to the mirror?
The usual Mercury Retrograde cautions…
During any Mercury Retrograde cycle, you should be mindful of the following in each of these areas:
- Technology: Expect technological SNAFUs (computer & printer issues, vehicles breaking down…).
- Travel: Allow extra time to get anywhere.
- Communication: “Say again?” Miscommunications and misunderstandings all around. Be precise about what you say, and on important things, make sure the other person understands by having them repeat back what you said.
- Think before you speak.
- Appointments: Check your datebooks before you make plans. Check and double check appointments, times, meetings, locations.
- Be extra organized.
- Projects: If you have to finalize projects, or sign anything, read the fine print… pay special attention to details. If you don’t have to finalize, don’t.
- Cut others some slack… they’re experiencing Mercury Rx too!
If you read nothing else, read this:
What Mercury is really about right now is making you look again at what matters. What is the outcome of these delays? What do they keep placing you in front of over and over again? Watch for the pattern, it’s there.
By placing these obstacles on our paths, Mercury is telling us that we can no longer be in denial about what really matters to us.
Always infinite possibilities… always your choice.
Music Credit (in podcast): “Bohemian Rhapsody” ©Copyright 1975 by Queen