She’s lost it, right? How can we possibly call that little voice that tells us we’re crap, a blessing? Hmm… I’m about to let you in on a little secret that your Saboteur is going to really hate. You ready? When your Saboteur raises its nasty little head and starts putting you down, or telling you “you can’t”, “shouldn’t”, “mustn’t”, “are not worthy”… pay very close attention. What’s going on in your life? Chances are excellent that you are getting:
- too close to what you really want, or worse,
- being who you really are…
- Chances are that you are shining brightly.
How is this a blessing?
Think about it… the next time you find you are hanging out in “crappy-land,” think about the vehicle that brought you there. Your Saboteur likes to tell you the opposite of what’s actually true.
How it unfolds…
- You have a thought about inventing a new gizmo, it’ll do this and that… a miraculous invention!
- What happens next? “It’s already been invented,” your Saboteur whispers. “Who do you think you are, Thomas Edison?” it snickers. “You’ll never get the funding,” it quips.
- And then what? Nada… nothing, niente, you’re done… get back into your little box and shut the heck up, right?
(I sure wouldn’t be sitting here typing this blog if Steve Jobs had listened to his Saboteur… Think Different.)
The Saboteur can be likened to the dragon guarding the gold.
The Saboteur can be likened to the dragon guarding the gold. If you get to the gold, it’s out of a job.
When you find yourself in the grip of the Saboteur, ask yourself, “What gold is this Dragon hiding?” Then go in after it…
You know what I’m about to say, right?
Always infinite possibilities… always your choice.